It's Gravy For
Join the SFA family on September 14th for our 9th annual Southern Fried Agile Conference. We look forward to seeing our committed SFA'ers and new comers at the Charlotte Convention Center!
Our SFA family of Analyst, Developers, Executives, Scrum Masters, Coaches, and Teams are excited about the learning and collaborative opportunities afforded at SFA 2018 not to mention our traditional southern fried chicken lunch.... including other options as well. Join us and your agile colleagues for Southern Fried Agile 2018, September 14th at the Charlotte Convention Center!
Southern Fried Agile is planned, organized and run entirely by a group of dedicated volunteers. These team members put in countless hours to make SFA an event that engages, informs, and encourages those in and out of the agile community! THANK YOU ALL!!!!
Accomplished personal/executive coach and highly sought after speaker Leonard Wheeler describes himself as "a southern boy with roots in Toccoa, Georgia". But, his competitive spirit, power to persuade and infectious personality has taken him all over the country. From playing football in the NFL, addressing high-power corporations and serving as a personal coach for top executives to supporting survivors of the Columbine tragedy and starring in local and national commercials, TV shows, and movies, Leonard’s success is well documented.
Dave West is the Product Owner and CEO at scrum.org. He is a frequent keynote speaker and is a widely published author of articles. He also is the co-author of two books, The Nexus Framework For Scaling Scrum and Head First Object-Oriented Analysis and Design. He led the development of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and then worked with Ivar Jacobson running the North American business for IJI. Then managed the software delivery practice at Forrester research where he was VP and research director. Prior to joining Scrum.org he was Chief Product Officer at Tasktop where he was responsible for product management, engineering and architecture.
SFA is held annually in beautiful Charlotte North Carolina. Nicknamed the Queen City, Charlotte has become a major U.S. financial center. As one of the fastest growing metro areas in the country, Charlotteans take advantage of the mild weather, diverse economy, and low cost of living. If, while attending the conference you have some extra time or, are just looking for a place to eat, check out the Charlotte tourism site for suggestions.
Charlotte Convention Center
501 S College St, Charlotte, NC 28202
Call for Speakers
The Call for Speakers for Southern Fried Agile 2018 is now open and we are seeking engaging and interactive presentations focusing on the values, principles and practices of Business Agility, in the areas of Leadership, Organizational Change, DevOps, and Agile Practices.
Please submit the following information for consideration:
- Preferred - Video submission of you, no longer than 5 minutes. The video should be very simple. Please upload your videos to the SFA 2018 Speakers folder on Google Drive by clicking here.
- Alternate - A text brief of your presentation, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. After review, we may request a short video.
Please tell us the following:
- Your full name
- A quick intro about yourself, including something fun
- Your topic and a description of the content
- What level of agile maturity your topic is relevant to (i.e. novice vs advanced)
- Why you believe your topic should be selected
What kinds of sessions are we looking for?
- We are looking for engaging sessions that span our conference tracks – a session could be a talk, an interactive exercise, a demonstration, or a tutorial.
- People attending the conference are looking for advanced advice and insights that they can learn at the conference and then apply with their organization and agile teams, so practical sessions are ideal.
- Sessions that make learning on agile topics interactive and fun.
What makes a great session at Southern Fried Agile? Based on data from previous SFA conferences the following insights align to successful sessions:
- Highly interactive and engaging content – hands on, real coding / configuration / testing, agile games for learning.
- Include practices & activities to reinforce learning objectives – have people work in groups/pairs, debrief activities, etc.
- As our conference sessions are short, be sure to provide references and ways that people can learn more after your session at the conference.
What makes a great submission?
- The information you share about your session in your submission is the primary source of information by which your session will be evaluated, so it helps to be specific so that we can determine what you will focus on and how you will present / share it with those attending.
- State clear learning objectives that people will learn / experience by attending your session.
- Tell us how you will spend the time in your session – how much time will be spent presenting, how much time will people spend in activities, etc.
- Detail what kinds of activities people will experience in your session and how you will present / facilitate them to support your learning objectives.
- Tell us how you will debrief your session to ensure participants have a positive experience and achieve the session's learning outcomes.
- If you’ve presented this session before, what you have learned as you have presented it and how have you improved it?
Submission & Selection Timeline
- 6/4/18 - Call for Submissions Opens
- 7/20/18– Call for Submissions Closes
- 8/1/2018 – Selected Presenters Notified of Acceptance
- 8/8/2018– Deadline to Confirm Participation
- 8/24/2018 – Full Program Announced
Session Format Breakout
Most sessions at Southern Fried Agile are 45 minutes long – and we have approximately 30 session spots available.
The submission deadline is 7/20/18 at midnight (EDT).
Submissions will be reviewed as they arrive. Those deemed strong can be accepted before the deadline. So, there is an advantage to submitting your topic early. A block of spots will be left at the end for the rest of the submissions to be selected from. If you have any questions, please contact the Southern Fried Agile speakers committee at email@example.com.
We sincerely appreciate your ongoing support and willingness to participate in SFA 2018. We look forward to seeing you on September 14th.
Potential SFA 2018 Partners,
Partnership opportunities are now available. Southern Fried Agile 2018 will be the 9th Annual Agile Conference organized by Southern Fried Agile, Inc in Charlotte, NC. Last year we registered over 1,000 attendees, which made SFA 2017 our largest turnout ever. SFA 2018 is expected to be an amazing day!